Bellini Garden is in via Etnea, the most beatiful part of
Catania, and its
surface is over 70000 square meters. Its perimeter is surrounded
with decorated wrought iron railings.
The prince Paternò Castello of Biscari, who
lived in the eighteenth-century, had a garden named “Labyrint”.
The city council bought it from one of his descendants in 1854
and then, the architect Landolina began his work. When other
lands were bought villa Bellini was enlarged and restoration and
ornament works were finished in 1883. It was inaugurated on the
6th of January 1883
In 1932, an entrance was opened situated in
via Etnea , and later was completed with a walk-over bridge in
are kiosk, statues, fountains and busts representing important
figures. Villa Bellini preserves over 100 kinds of plants, in
particular exotic and subtropical plants.