The Town Hall
called also Palazzo degli Elefanti was achieved in different
periods and tanks to the collaboration of several architects.
The first project is by Giovan Battista Longobardo (1696 ) while
the western, eastern and southern facades are by Vaccarini (
1732 ). The north façade was, carried out by Carrmelo Battaglia
Santangelo (1780). The model of the building, with the recent
lighting that puts in evidence the architectonic partitions,
reproposes the traditional plan of the Baroque period with a
square courtyard in the middle. In the entrance there are a bust
of Sant’Agata of the fifteenth century and the senate coaches,
still used during the first day of the festivity of the patron.
Inside the elegant representative rooms, other works of Sicilian
and Catanese authors are preserved.